Selecting software or service providers – FIVE things we look for (Part 1)
Did you miss this weeks live TD-iQ presentation “Selecting software or service providers – FIVE things we look for”? Where we answered a question we were recently asked by one of our global clients – “What are the main things you look for in a supplier?” – a reasonable question and the answer is not entirely obvious. This is why we decided to present our first “five things” we look for on this subject.
At TDW, due to our independent and agnostic nature, we are contracted globally to advise clients on the best of the best solutions and service providers, but where do we start? What are the key things we look at first of all to see the runners and riders for specific client needs?
This weeks LIVE presentation focused on five (initial) items we look at when advising our clients
So what did we discuss in the FIVE things we look for?
Some of the topics we covered during this LIVE broadcast included:
- Technical and capability fit – seems obvious, but there are specific things we look for in this area that many do not think about!
- Culture, personality and attitude – a big one for us, and we gave a great cultural example for you to consider
- Commitment, desire and lots of little things – we look at road maps, plans, processes, specifics, certifications and much more around commitment
- Ability to support and technical (personnel) skills – time zones, language skills, turnaround time
- Lastly we closed out with a few words around references – some tips we have learned over the years advising our clients – especially in this insular/smaller (and ever contracting) marketplace
- Question and Answer session – some great questions came in from viewers – and we answered them LIVE!
All TD-iQ subscribers may now watch the full 40 minute presentation via your TD-iQ dashboard. If you would like more information on how you can join TD-iQ and access this and many other presentations, please contact us at Tech Data World (firstname.lastname@example.org) or go to our membership page
Watch out for our next LIVE presentation on TD-iQ – Successful Contracting for S1000D – where we will look at some of the common errors made when contracting for S1000D on projects which often leads to delay, overrun, frustration and ultimately failure.