Thursday Thoughts Episode#4
In the week where YouTube took a turn and Mike had to wing it! We welcome new TD-iQ subscribers from Poland, Tech Data World were asked, Do you think S1000D days are numbered?
Do you think S1000D days are numbered?
This week we talk about some of the key news items from our industries and how it may affect technical publications and support information.
SAAB – announces that they have delivered S1000D compliant technical documentation to Mitsubishi Aerospace
New contracts for BAE Systems, BMT, Cammell Laird, MBDA and Leonardo
Member news includes Flatirons Jouve, GPSL, Aspire, Raytheon – new product releases, upcoming education courses, webinars and TDW-Live#8.
Tech Data World news:
- Our next TD-iQ LIVE Lesson – “Defining an S1000D DMRL from legacy data”
- Recent road trip video now available on YouTube
- Our latest podcast is now available – “ROI in Technical Information”
Some of the questions we answered this week included:
- Can you do more podcast episodes? A subscriber asks us to ramp up our podcast outputs – so Mike talks about what we have planned and who we have invited to join us on live interviews
- Do you do FrameMaker training? How does TDW use FrameMaker and how we don’t
- Why is S1000D SO expensive? A viewer asks TDW why is S1000D so expensive to implement?
- Do you think S1000D days are numbered? A second part of the questions was about how much life is left in S1000D – Mike talks about S1000D v DITA and how some of his network is looking to replace S1000D on some projects
- Will you be live streaming TDW-Live again this year? TD-iQ subscribers asking if they will be able to join the TDWLive event again this year via a live stream
Reminder that due to FrameMaker training and travel there will be no Thursday Thoughts next week, we will return with a bumper edition